THINKING OF BECOMING A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER or currently are a SUBSTITUTE TEACHER?
We offer a FREE 2-Day Course that will prepare you for the role of substitute teaching.
Understand the challenges and rewards of substitute teaching in this 2-day course. Topics include:
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Sub
- Building Community
- Student Engagement
- Classroom Management
- Your Day as a Guest Teacher
- Teaching Techniques
- Supporting Instruction
- Culturally Responsive Teaching
DAY 1/Part I: Brief Course Prep (via Zoom), 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
DAY 2/Part II: In-Person Course held at Cal Poly (lunch provided), 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Due to high demand, we are offering the course twice this year!
Register for one of our 2-Day Substitute Teacher Training Course now. Space is limited!
FALL: Saturday, October 21th, 2023; Saturday, October 28th, 2023
WINTER: Saturday, January 20th, 2024; Saturday, January 27th, 2024
Those who attend are also eligible for 1 CEU Unit and reimbursement for fees.
And Cal Poly recent graduate students will be eligible for free reimbursements associated with requirements to become a substitute teacher.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
email@example.com | 805-756-2859
Here are some example local daily rates for a sub!
- $175.00/per day (7.5 hours inclusive of a 30 minute lunch break)
- $90/per half day (210 minutes or less)
- $190/per day for long term assignments that are 21+ consecutive days (7.5 hours includes of a 30 minute lunch)
- Daily Rate: $161
- Long-term Daily Rate: $176
- Retired Teacher Sub Daily Rate: $200 per day