Makers in Out-of-School Time (MOST)
Mentors prepare and present maker content to after-school students in a small group setting
Do you want to make a fundamental difference in the lives of children? Have you thought about becoming an educator? Do you want to earn money while learning if a future career in education is right for you? If so, consider participating in Makers in Out of School Time!
Earn $17.5/hour, 2-3 hours/week
What is M.O.S.T. ?
M.O.S.T. is paid, early-field experience offered to undergrad students who want to work with children and or seek an experience to "try teaching."
M.O.S.T. offers a unique opportunity to try teaching in an off-campus, structured environment in tandem with weekly seminar discussions focused on effective teaching strategies.
- Available Tuesdays 4PM - 6PM (seminar on campus)
- Available Thursdays 3PM - 6PM (teaching off campus)
- Application submitted and accepted for hiring
- Hiring process and Live Scan fingerprinting completed
- 1-unit for weekly seminar (SCM 220-02)
- $17.50/hour for teaching at a local school site
- Carpooling to school site will be arranged
R. Y. - Classroom teacher, "The kids love the program!"
H. L. - M.O.S.T. mentor, "If you are thinking about teaching, even just a little bit, it's a great job where you get paid to learn a lot and gain valuable experience. Highly recommend!"
To become a Mentor, students must:
- Complete a brief application.
- Upon acceptance, complete hiring paperwork and sign up for a Live Scan
- Register for SCM 220-02 (Mentors in Out of School Time).
If you have any questions about M.O.S.T., please contact Christine Haas at firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 756-2859