SciTrek Cal Poly
Teach multi-week STEM lessons that inspire wonder and curiosity to elementary students in local classrooms
Do you want to make a fundamental difference in the lives of children? Do you want to earn money while learning if a future career in education is right for you? If so, consider becoming part of the SciTrek Learning Facilitators team!
Earn 17+/hour, 4-5 hours/week
What is SciTrek?
SciTrek is paid, early-field experience offered each quarter for undergrad students who want to work with kids or seek an experience to "try teaching."
SciTrek offers a unique opportunity to try teaching in a local classroom.
Learning Facilitators plan, prepare, and present science lessons in local elementary classrooms. Lessons take place twice per week for roughly three weeks. The facilitators reflect on the implementation, and then the cycle is repeated with a new lesson in the same class or the same lesson in a different class.
- Available Tuesdays & Thursdays 1PM - 3PM (seminar on campus)
- Application submitted and accepted for hiring
- Hiring process and Live Scan fingerprinting completed
- $17.50/hour (or additional units) for teaching at a local school site
To become a Learning Facilitator, students must:
- Complete a brief application.
- Upon acceptance, complete hiring paperwork and sign up for and complete a Live Scan
If you have any questions about SciTrek, please contact Christine Haas at email@example.com or (805) 756-2859