STEM Teach Scholarships
The STEM Teach Scholarship is a reimbursement program aimed at reducing the financial barriers to becoming a K-12 teacher in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) fields.
To become a STEM Teach Scholar, students must:
- Be a Cal Poly student or an incoming Single Subject Credential student interested in obtaining a Single Subject Credential in a STEM discipline
- Be a Liberal Studies student who is pursuing an Introductory Subject Matter Authorization (ISMA) in Math/Science or a supplementary credential in Foundational Level General Science (FLGS) or Foundational Leve Mathematics (FLM)
Eligible students may request reimbursement for the following:
- LiveScan (or other) fingerprinting service fee
- Certificate of Clearance fee
- CBEST exam fee
- Single Subject CSET exam fees as listed here (.pdf).
- CSU Mentor Application fee for Cal Poly's Credential Program
- FLM exam fees as listed here (.pdf)
- FLGS exam fees as listed here (.pdf)
Scholarship Request Form
To receive this scholarship, simply upload your receipts here.
- Only original receipts are acceptable for reimbursement.
- Receipts that were received electronically can be uploaded in the form; paper receipts can be brought to the CESAME (Building 25- Room 123) office. Scans or copies can be uploaded or sent to email@example.com
- Valid receipts list your name, item(s) purchased, amount paid, and transaction date. Please review your receipts prior to uploading.
- Reimbursement checks may take up to six weeks to be processed and distributed. You will receive an email when your check is ready to be picked up, or if more information is needed.